Different types of pizza ovens have different capabilities, and each comes with its own cost, build, and installation variables to consider. In this article, we’ll describe the three main types so you can make an informed decision about the best pizza oven for your restaurant.
Brick Pizza Oven Kit
- Ideal for cooking a range of foods, including pizza, baked desserts, vegetables, fish, and potatoes.
- Retain their heat for hours, making them ideal for restaurants where diners will be ordering meals throughout a sitting.
- An authentic design that is in keeping with Italian traditions.
- Incredibly sturdy and weather resistant.
- Available as kits with all the necessary materials supplied for versatility and customisation.
- Kits must be constructed, either by yourself or a contractor, which could pose difficulties if you don’t know where to look for a builder or have little confidence in your building.
Stainless Steel Pizza Oven
- Ideal for cooking pizza in a hurry, for example in a busy family home.
- A reliable way to cook pizza but less suited to other dishes.
- Heats up very quickly but loses heat if the fire is not maintained.
- Often portable.
- Designed with a modern ergonomic rather than an authentic, rustic appearance.
Pre-Assembled Pizza Oven
- A convenient option if you want a quick and easy installation.
- Can be challenging and costly to achieve the best pizza oven design for your needs.
- Difficult to source robust materials that withstand the extremes of the British climate.
- This may include substandard materials that don’t allow the oven to heat to its optimum temperature or to retain heat.
- Although harder to customise, they come in a variety of styles to choose from for a multitude of cooking options.
- Although harder to find in the UK, those from a UK distributor will be built with the UK’s unpredictable weather in mind, making it built to last much like the kit.
What is the best pizza oven for your restaurant?
Despite being incredibly popular, woodfired pizza is not offered by many restaurants, so it’s likely that installing a pizza oven will prove to be a worthwhile decision! You should expect to cook a lot of pizza, so a brick oven is the best option. A high-quality brick pizza oven kit is a logical choice as it will ensure that you have all the materials you need for an efficient oven that produces fantastic food.
Find Out More
To find out more about our pizza oven range, please see our price list or call Pizza Oven Supplies on 01782 212777.